Friday, July 2, 2010

I already have the Aviators!

It's fate. I'm going to be a maverick teacher. I've got the Aviators, now I just need to embrace new technology and the professional growth that comes along with it. I find "digital natives" and "digital immigrants" to be apt descriptions (thanks, Chris!). Teachers are immigrants, trying to instruct natives. Yeah it's going to be hard, I'm getting sweaty palms just thinking about the SmartBoard because I have no idea how to operate it... yet. However, if Ms. Hogan can embrace and disseminate Squeak and be the better for it professionally, I think it should be a lesson to all of us. The article shows that integration and technology working hand in hand helps not only students grow and understand, but it can do the same for us as well.

I thought the Reality of Tech article was particularly helpful. Who knows what kind of classroom we'll find ourselves in within the year. This article shows how to make the most of what you have, technologically speaking. The suggestions were mainly geared towards math folk, but some of the data collecting programs they suggested could be used for the sciences as well.

I really enjoyed reading both of these articles! Very applicable to our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment